Believe

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A WOMAN'S VOICE

Saturday, November 12, 2011

2011 CMA Awards

Well...let's face it, Country Music has never been the most popular music. For me, I love country. It is what I grew up listening to and it is what I will never get away from. I mean come on I live a very short distance from Nashville, Tennessee! The 2011 CMA Awards were November 9th, 2011. I wasn't too happy with some of the results. But again there were some very deserving and very rewarding winners. What is your opinion? Here are the results:

Music Video of the Year
"You and Tequila"
Kenny Chesney featuring Grace Potter

Musical Event of the Year
"Don't You Wanna Stay"
Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson

Song of the Year
"If I Die Young"
The Band Perry

Album of the Year

My Kinda Party
Jason Aldean

Single of the Year
"If I Die Young"
The Band Perry

Vocal Duo of the Year
Sugarland

Vocal Group of the Year
Lady Antebellum

New Artist of the Year
The Band Perry

Male Vocalist of the Year
Blake Shelton

Female Vocalist of the Year
Miranda Lambert

Entertainer of the Year
Taylor Swift

So in my opinion, Taylor Swift should not have won the coveted Entertainer of the Year and Miranda Lambert should not have won the Female Vocalist of the Year. My reasons are as follows: Taylor Swift only has sung about one topic in ALL of her songs and there are many other artists out there that better portray the COUNTRY singer. She is more Pop and there are many other more deserving artists. In Miranda's case, Martina McBride and Carrie Underwood and even Taylor Swift had a better year in terms of fans, sales, and representing country.

What was your take on Country Music's biggest night?

a woman with her own voice

No comments: